Motor Tax On-Line
Did you know you can now renew your motor tax 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on-line?
Logon to www.motortax.ie
To complete your motor tax renewal on-line you will need:
- Credit card or debit card
- Your motor insurance details
- Your PIN number - this is printed on the renewal form sent to you by post, or you can retireve it on-line. It is alwaysthe last six digits of your VRC/log-book number. Or if 1st time taxing it is the last 6 digits of the vehicle VIN number
- first time taxing any 'Goods/Commercial' vehilces in our name must come via your local motor tax office - you will usually need a 'goods only declaration' signed and stamped by An Garda Siochana
- If you experience any on-line issues please contact the Dept. in Shannon using these details:
Telephone: 0818 411 412
Renewing your motor tax online is straightforward. The process is broken down into a series of easy to understand steps. After you login at the foot of the homepage using the PIN printed on your renewal/reminder form, you will be asked to:
- Confirm details of your vehicle - they will be displayed on the screen for you.
- Confirm your name and address - again, these will be shown on screen but you may notify us of a change of address.
- You can update any email or preferred contact methods via post/online at this time. Otherwise you must contact Shannon directly
- Enter your vehicle insurance details.
- Select the period of taxation.
- Enter your card details for payment.
Your motor tax disc will be posted to you within five to ten working days. You can track the issue of your disc by clicking on the "Track Disc Issue" link on the homepage.