Finance Banner Finance
Default text size Large text size Extra large text size High contrast text

Home : Finance : Commercial Rates : How Do I Apply For Vacancy Relief?

How Do I Apply For Vacancy Relief?

Any vacancy relief will be applied on the account after the end of the financial year in accordance with the relevant governing legislation[1] and subject to the following:

  • Inspections of the property.
  • Submission of required documentation e.g. confirmation that premises is available for letting/undergoing additions/amendments.
  • Recommendation from the relevant Revenue Collector in the area.
  • Approval by the Head of Finance.
[1] Section 14 of the Local Government Act 1946 as amended by Section 31 of the Local Government Reform Act 2014 (to commence 1st June 2014).