REMINDER - Non Principal Private Residence
Payment for NPPR charge 2013 is due between 1st of April and 30th June 2013. A €20 per month late payment fee will apply from 1st July in respect of each month for which payment is overdue.
Written correspondence should be addressed to:-
NPPR Section, Finance Department, Kildare County Council, Aras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co Kildare
E-mails should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone queries should be made to: 045 980657
It may not be possible, due to the substantial number of enquiries at peak periods, to deal with each query as it is being received. If you are making contact by phone please leave a message. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. Similarly, emails that are received will also be replied to.
- Cash cannot be accepted.
- Payments can be made by Laser Card, Visa Card or Master Card
- Payment can also be made by Cheque, Bank Draft or Postal Order and should be made payable to NPPR
- Cheques/Bank Drafts/Postal Orders made payable to Kildare County Council cannot be accepted.
About the NPPR (Non-Principle Private Residence) Charge:
The Local Government (Charges) Act 2009 has introduced a €200 charge for the owners of non principle private residences. The charge applies mainly to owners of private rented property and holiday homes. It also applies to vacant residential property unless newly built but unsold.
Liability to pay the charge is determined by ownership of a relevant property on the “liability date” and the 31st March is the liability date for 2013.
The NPPR Charge is a self assessment liability and owners of property will be required to determine and declare their liability to the NPPR charge. No invoices or notices requiring payment will be issued by the local authorities.
Payment of the €200 charge for 2013 can be paid between 1st of April 2013 and 30th June 2013. If payment is not received by 30th June, 2013, a €20 late payment fee will apply in respect of each month or part of a month during which the charges remains unpaid.
Payment Options (From the 1st of April 2013):
1. Pay online http://www.nppr.ie/ with your credit/debit card.
2. Alternatively, the form can be downloaded, completed and forwarded with payment (cheque/bank draft/postal order only) to NPPR, Po. Box 11654, Dublin 8. This payment must be made payable to NPPR
3. Download and fully complete the form and pay in person at Kildare County Council Finance Department, Level 2, Áras Chill Dara, Naas, County Kildare. (Cheque/bank draft/postal order only).
§ Cash can not be accepted by the Council or the NPPR.
§ The Council can not take card payments. You can use your card if you pay online.
§ Payment should be made out to the NPPR. Cheques made out to Kildare County Council cannot be accepted.
§ Please note that if you pay at the Finance Department you will receive an acknowledgement slip only. Your payment is sent to the NPPR who will issue an official receipt to you in due course.
Most of your questions will be answered in the FAQ section of the NPPR website.
If you have further questions that the NPPR site cannot answer please contact us at email@example.com or 045 980657