Windfarm planning application
A Strategic Infrastructure planning application has been made to An Bord Pleanala by Element Power Ireland Ltd. for a development of Maighne windfarm consisting of up to 47 turbines, 1 no. electricity substation and associated works in County Kildare and County Meath.
An Bord Pleanala reference number 09.PA0041 refers.
A copy of the planning application, Environmental Impact Statement and Natura Impact Statement will be on display in the offices of Kildare County Council on Level 2 for a period of seven weeks from Thursday 16th April to Thursday the 4th June 2015. The application may also be viewed / downloaded on the following website: www.maighnewindfarm.ie
Submissions/observations can be made only to An Bord Pleanala, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 during the aforementioned 7 week period and must be accompanied by a fee of €50 (except for certain prescribed bodies). Submissions/observations must be received by the Board not later than 5.30pm on 4th June 2015 and such submissions/observations must also include the following information:
- The name of the person making the submission or observation, the name of the person acting on his or her behalf, if any, and the address to which any correspondence relating to the application should be sent
- The subject matter of the submission or observation, and
- The reasons, consideration and arguments on which the submission or observation is based in full (Article 217 of the Planning and Development regulations refer)
About Planning The Planning & Development Acts 2000-2013 provide the legislative framework for the work of the Planning Department.
The main aim of Kildare County Council’s Planning Department is to support and promote high quality and sustainable development within our county.
Kildare County Council strives to achieve this aim through five main functions:
- Preparation, monitoring & implementation of development plans.
- Control of development
- Enforcement of planning control
- Protection of our heritage
- Promotion of best practice
Planning Contact Details - Opening Hours 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Administration 045 980845
Fax 045 980834
Forward Planning 045 980242
Unauthorised Development 045 980839