Religious Sites Crosses of County Kildare

Click on the names for more information

Moone High Cross
Marked by the ruins of a medieval church near the vicinity of Moone Abbey, is the site of an ancient monastery. The church is believed to have been founded by St. Palladius, who came to Ireland in 431. It was later dedicated to St. Columcille.

Ballymore Eustace High Crosses
Ballymore Eustace is situated on the river Liffey, near the Wicklow border. Close to the site of an old Protestant church is the present day St. John’s Church of Ireland which was built in 1820. It houses a FitzEustace effigy dated to the early sixteenth century and an ancient font.


Historic Buildings - Genealogy - Religious Sites - Famine - 1798 - Miscellaneous
Home


County Kildare Heritage