Religious Sites Historic Buildings of County Kildare

The Gaelic name for county Kildare is "Cill Dara"; Cill meaning church, and Dara meaning oak (tree), thus "church of the oak tree". The name derives from the foundation of the first church in county Kildare by St. Brigid, under an oak tree. There are many religious sites in the county, which illustrate the course of its religious development.

Kildare Cathedral

Historic Buildings - Genealogy - Religious Sites - Famine - 1798 - Miscellaneous

County Kildare Heritage