The ruins of Donaghcomper church, situated in the district of Celbridge, are believed to date from around 1150.
Picture of Donaghcomper Church
In 1202, the de Hereford family, who founded St. Wolstan’s Priory, gave the priory control of the church at Donaghcomper. The priory of St. Wolstan’s held this church until it’s suppression in 1536.
Another family who were associated with this church are the Allens, whose vault lies under the church.