Following one of Athy's best parades ever, the Athy Town Promoters Group made a formal presentation on March 23rd in the Athy Heritage Centre Museum (Emily Square).
The award winners were:
- Best overall- Castlemichell GFC
- Best sports entry: Athy GFC
- Best vintage entry: PJ Mulhall
- Best community/ voluntary entry: BRAND Athy
- Best children's entry: Shooting Stars
- Best commercial entry: Clancy's Public House
- Best walking group entry: Age Action/ Aontas Ogra
- Besting heritage entry: Monica Dempsey Dance School
- Best new entrant: Athy Men's Shed Project
The Athy Town Promoters Group was formed in 2009 and is committed to proactively promoting the 'Celebrate Athy' theme through festivals and events in our town. The group is comprised of representatives of Athy Chamber, Shop Athy, Athy Town Council, Athy Tidy Towns, Age Action, Brand Athy and the Athy Heritage Centre-Museum. The organisers acknowledge the grateful assistance of Mr. Charlie Hughes (MC), Kildare County Show Committee, Athy Gardai, Civil Defence and the Order of Malta.
Parade sponsors: Athy International Concentrates, Athy Lions Club, Athy Town Council, Fenn Byrne Construction, Lacey Drain Clean, Liffey Mills, Harbour View Construction, David Walsh Civil Engineering and Kildare County Council.