Newbridge Industrial Estate
Tel: 045 448700
Fax: 045 448798
Promoting inclusion for people with intellectual disabilities
They provide support to people who have an intellectual disability and their families. They were founded in 1967 and work in mid and south Kildare, east Offaly, west Wicklow and northeast Carlow.
They believe that people with an intellectual disability are important and should be a part of their community like everyone else.
Voice for KARE provides a structure for people who use KARE's Adult Supports to have their say in how KARE operates.
The Board of Directors has overall responsibility for the governance of KARE. The Board is elected each year and includes family members of people who use the service, representatives from the KARE Branches and co-opted members.
There are a number of different ways in which you can get involved with KARE:
- Become an employee
- Support a person with an intellectual disability by becoming a volunteer
- Support their work by becoming a member of one of their Branches
- Gain experience by joining KARE for your school or college work placement
- Gain education and skills by joining one of KARE's FAS Employment or Training Programmes
- Give financial support to KARE by giving a donation or supporting a fundraising event
Antoinette Buggle Chairperson
Registered Charity 5907
The objective of the partnership is to explore and assess inclusive approaches for improving the employability of persons with disabilities or other types of problems that makes it difficult for them to obtain and retain employment in the open labour market.
Year Formed: 1967
This listing has been compiled by the County Kildare Community NetworkCommunity Directory