U16s Kill Celtic 2 Kilcock Celtic 2

U16 KDUL Sat 27th Feb 2010
Kill Celtic 2 Kilcock Celtic 2

This was a trilling encounter between two teams determined to take the maximum points from the game.
Each team won numerous corners in the opening twenty minutes and it was from one of these that Kilcock opened the scoring.  Adam Leonard cleared the ball out to Conor Dully on the left wing and his run resulted in a corner. Neil Vorster’s corner was sent in beyond the back post where Ian Mooney took it down and beat his marker. His powerful shot produced a marvellous one-handed reaction save from the home keeper. However Dully pounced on the loose ball and blasted it home to open the scoring.    

Five minutes later, Dully was pulled down in the box and the Ref pointed to the spot. Kill’s keeper Nathan Fitzharris managed to save the spot kick and cleared the rebound. Spurred on by the save the home team immediately went up the other end and won a corner.
The in-swinging corner was headed clear by Leon Glennon to the edge of the box. Luke Purcell hit a first time effort which produced a good block save from Cian McIntyre but David Kinsella was first to react and netted the ball to level the game.
The game swung from end to end as each for the remainder of the first half. In the last minute Kill won another corner on the right wing. The corner over-shot the goal area but Kilcock failed to clear the ball and Luke Cumiskey sent the ball back into the six yard box where Niall O’Connor side footed into the corner of the net to take the lead for the home side.
After the interval, the game continued at the same frantic pace with each team determined to get more goals. The first real chance fell to Kill’s David Kinsella but Elliot Fowler blocked the goal bound effort. Next it was the visitors turn, Niall Walker broke down the right wing and found Eoin McArdle twenty five yards from goal. McArdle rounded two defenders and released a daisy-cutter from the edge of the area. Somehow the diving Nathan Fitzharris managed to push the ball around the post and out for a corner. From the corner, Cathal McCabe came in at the back post and his headed effort came off the butt of the post.
With twenty minutes left, Kilcock’s Diarmuid Ryan won a free kick thirty yards out from goal. Dafydd Jones took a quick free and found Anto Forde in the box, his clever flick shot scrapped the wrong side of the right upright.
Within minutes the visitors were awarded another free-kick about thirty five yards out from goal on the right wing. Dane Hoban went on a decoy run down the right channel and drew the defence out of the centre. McArdle delivered the ball to the left of the box where Cathal McCabe had timed his run and his low shot found an unguarded net to draw the scores level.
Both teams continued to attack for the remaining ten minutes. In the dying moments Kilcock’s Leon Glennon though he had won a penalty when he was up-ended in the box but the claims were dismissed by the official.
Kilcock Celtic: Cian McIntyre, Niall Walker, Elliot Fowler, Dafydd Jones, Adam Leonard, Ian Mooney, Neil Vorster, Leon Glennon, Conor Dully, Diarmuid Ryan, Eoin McArdle, Cathal McCabe, Dane Hoban, Anthony Forde, Evan Comerford, Shaun Maguire, Neil Maguire

by raydully on March 1, 2010 ·

Previous post:

Next post: