KCC Service Arrangements


Last Updated: 31 March 2020

Kildare County Council's Housing Department is continuing to provide services across its full range of Housing Support and Tenancy Services sections. In the current circumstances however we apologise for any delays experienced.

Homeless Services

The Homeless Services team are available to provide services and assistance to individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness during this COVID-19 period.

Please connect with us by phone (045 980200) or e-mail (homelessadmin@kildarecoco.ie) and the Homeless Support Team will be available to assist you at this time.  In certain circumstances, an appointment can be arranged with our team. The Out of Hours Information and Advice Freephone Number is 1 800 804 307

Completed application forms and any other additional documents can be sent by email, posted or there is a post box available at Áras Chill Dara.

Housing Services General, including HAP, Payment of Rent, Rent Review, Housing Maintenance

How do I apply for HAP?

  • We are continuing to process HAP applications at this time.  Please contact Kildare County Council’s HAP Section (045 980 657 or email:  hap@kildarecoco.ie) and an Eligibility Assessment Form will be issued which includes a Checklist to assist you.

Do I need to keep paying my rent?

Yes, you need to pay your rent as normal, proportional to you household income.
Please call 045 980 652 or 045 980 654 to make payment over the phone.

How do I apply for a Rent Review ?

We are continuing to process Rent Review Applications.  If your income has changed/if you have temporarily lost work and you wish to apply for a Rent Review (this applies to KCC and HAP tenants), download a Rent Review Application Form at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/housing/HousingRents/.  

Alternatively you can request a form by emailing rents@kildarecoco.ie or phoning Finance Department at 045 980 654 or Housing Department at 045 980 705.

Your revised rent will be recalculated based on your new income and backdated to the date your employment ceased or reduced.  Completed rent assessment forms together with relevant documentation can be submitted to rentassessment@kildarecoco.ie or by post.

Housing Maintenance

Our Maintenance Department is responding to urgent and emergency works only for KCC tenants and  contactable via 045 980 200 and by e-mail customercare@kidarecoco.ie during normal working hours Mon-Fri 9-5.

You can use our out of hours service at 1890 50 03 33 outside normal working hours to report an urgent maintenance issue:
The following is defined as urgent :

  • Any Electrical issues
  • Plumbing incl. Heating, Boilers, Leaks, Shower not working, No water supply
  • Block Sewers
  • Locked out of House
  • Exterior Doors that won’t open or close
  • Fallen boundaries or trees
  • Major Roof Repairs
  • Fire Damage

Other Housing Services

Application Forms for other Housing Services are available on line at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/housing/Forms/

  • Application forms for Social Housing, Housing Adaptation, Mobility and Aid for Older Persons Grants, are available online. 
  • Telephone 045 980 200 to request an application form to be posted to you.

Please note we are focussing on emergency and critical services only and therefore only emergency cases related to the above processes will be prioritised. You may experience a delayed response as we prioritise our services.