C1s Banner C1s
Default text size Large text size Extra large text size High contrast text

Home : Online Services : Online Payments : C1's


Movement of Hazardous Waste

Do you have a query?

Email: C1s@kildarecoco.ie

1. Description of Service

The regulations provide for a system of consignment notes (C1 Forms) to track and monitor the movement of hazardous waste within the State. C1 Forms must be completed for every consignment of hazardous waste other than the movement of waste within the premises where it is produced, stored, treated or deposited.

2. How Service is obtained / Details of any Forms involved

C1 Forms must be obtained from, and returned completed to, the Local Authority in whose functional area the consignment originates.

A form is issued to the Consignor comprising five bound and numbered copies. Copies of completed forms must also be furnished to the local authority in whose area the Consignee is situated.

In the course of any activity involving the transference or transportation of hazardous waste, the Consignor, Carrier and Consignee of the waste are required to enter relevant information on the Consignment Note, copies of which must accompany the waste movement at every stage.

Consignment Notes for the movement of hazardous waste originating in the Kildare County Council functional area may be obtained from the Environment Section Department by calling 045-980588. An electronic version of the form is not available.

3. Legislation

* SI No 147 of 1998 Waste Management (Movement of Hazardous Waste) Regulations, 1998
* Council Directive 91/689/EEC of 12 December 1991 on hazardous waste
* Council Regulation (EEC) No 259/93 of 1 February, 1993 on the supervision and control of shipments of waste within, into and out of the European Community

4. Costs Involved

C1 Forms are issued and processed by Kildare County Council at a cost of €25 each.

5. Register

A database of all forms issued and movements completed is maintained by the Environment Department.

Help Using This Service

What do I need to use to use this service?

You will need a valid Visa/Delta, Mastercard or Laser Card

How to use this service

If you wish to purchase C1 forms on the "Purchase C1s" link.  Then enter your Name, Address and Phone Number into the boxes provided and the number of C1 forms you wish to purchase.   Please also provide an email address if you would like a copy of the receipt emailed to you. The total due will be calculated and displayed when you click Next.  You will then be prompted for your card details in order to process payment.

What kinds of cards can I use?

The following types of credit/debit card can be accepted: -

Debit/Credits Cards

  • Visa/Delta
  • Mastercard
  • Laser

What about privacy and security?

All financial transactions are processed by Realex, a third party Internet financial service which provides a secure environment to protect your transactions.  Your credit/debit card information is not transmitted outside the secure site. For more information you may view Realex Privacy Statement at www.realexpayments.com/en/privacy_statement.aspx

Further Information

If you have a query in relation to this service please contact us at c1s@kildarecoco.ie .

If you have any problems making a payment please contact us at 045-980653.  Please note that queries cannot be dealt with at this number. 

What about Refunds

An application for a refund should be made in writing within 90 days to: Environment Department, Kildare County Council, Aras Cill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare.

External Links

Pay your Motor Tax online at www.motortax.ie