The main objectives of effective and responsible procurement are to:
- Ensure that the quality of the procurement service is sufficient to meet the needs of users, buyers and suppliers.
- Make the most effective use of the funds available.
- Ensure compliance with relevant national and European procurement legislation.
Kildare local authorities has a dedicated procurement section that works to achieve the above. The following are some points of interest for prospective suppliers:
1. Proposed purchases in excess of €25,000 for goods and services and €50,000 for works, are first advertised on www.etenders.gov.ie. Prospective suppliers are encouraged to register with www.etenders.gov.ie and to monitor advertisements in this space.
2. For selected products and services (road making materials, plant and haulage, road markings, concrete and water treatment chemicals), Kildare local authorities uses the www.laquotes.ie system. As above, suppliers are encouraged to register with this service to be eligible to take advantage of future mini-competitions/frameworks in this area.
The Procurement section is concentrating significant effort on the procurement of other goods and services via the establishment of Framework agreements, which are being advertised on the eTenders site (assuming their total value over the lifetime of the framework exceeds national/EU thresholds).
For more information contact the Procurement section at email@example.com