Striving for Global Excellence
Thu 9 Nov 2017
- Venue Details
The 2017 Equine Summit will bring together the thoroughbred and sporthorse sectors of the equine industry in a day-long series of presentations and discussions with equine experts and industry leaders.
A plenary discussion on the equine industry in Ireland will form the central part of the day, followed by a choice of the thoroughred or sporthorse breakout discussion afterwards.
*Ticket price includes VAT, booking fee, dinner and a choice of the breakout sessions.
14:15 Registration Opens
15:00 Welcome Address
Henry Corbally, Chairman Glanbia Ireland and Glanbia plc
15:10 Keynote Address
Dr. Pearse Lyons, Founder and President, Alltech
15:40 Presentation of Industry Statistics
Sasha Kerins, Partner, Head of Agri Food, Grant Thornton
16:00 Plenary Discussion:
How can we evolve, compete and lead the global equine industry – Can we collaborate to overcome the challenges?
- Brian Kavanagh, CEO, Horse Racing Ireland
- Ronan Murphy, CEO, Horse Sport Ireland
- Dr. Noel Cawley, Chairman, Teagasc
- Meta Osborne, Senior Steward, Turf Club
- Leo Powell, Editor, The Irish Field, (Chair)
17:10 Ministers Address
- Michael Creed, Minister for the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
18:30 Breakout Sessions
Option 1: Sporthorse Breakout Session
How can the Irish Sporthorse sector position itself in a changing market?
- Lucinda Creighton, Vulcan Consulting
- Cameron Hanley, International Showjumper
- Johan Knaap, Director KWPN Dutch Stud Book
- Oliver Townend, International Event Rider
- Suzanne Campbell, Broadcaster and Journalist, (Chair)
Option 2: Thoroughbred Breakout Session
What does success look like for thoroughbred breeders, an international view point?
- Jim Bolger, Racehorse Trainer and Breeder
- Joe Foley, Ballyhane Stud
- Richard Aston, Goldford Stud, UK
- Brendan Holland, Grove Stud
- Lorna Fowler, Thoroughbred Trainer and Breeder, (Chair)
Back to Archive
Event Contact Details
Please use the contact details below if they differ from the venue contact details.