Newberry Hall, situated in the parish of Carbury, Co. Kildare, was built in the 1760s for Arthur Pomeroy.
Picture of Newberry Hall, Carbury
It is a Palladian style house of red brick with stone facings, and its design is attributed to amateur architect Nathaniel Clements. Arthur Pomeroy, who later became Lord Haberton, obtained the lands of Newberry through marriage to Mary Colley in 1747. The Colley family were at this time living in Carbury Castle.. Pomeroy, although owning a house in Dublin, decided to build a country seat at Newberry, thus commissioning the construction of Newberry Hall.