librarys Banner
Kildare Collections
and Research Services
Default text size Large text size Extra large text size High contrast text


Local Studies Department

Lewis's Topographical Dictionary 1837

Towns & Villages
LADYTOWN

LADYTOWN, a parish, in the barony of CONNELL, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 2 ½ miles (S. W.) from Naas; containing 402 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Liffey, comprises 2629 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £1683 per annum. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Kildare, forming part of the union of Great Connell; the rectory is impropriate in Sir T. Molyneux, Bart., Sir G. Cockburn, K. G. H., and A. Rourke, Esq. The tithes amount to £95. 9. 6., of which £63. 13. is payable to the impropriators, and £31. 16. 6. to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Caragh and Downings.

Return to Towns & Villages