53 18 November. ‘Children of the Revolution,’ a concert featuring traditional musicians and singers from throughout Ireland descended from men and women who were involved in the 1916 Easter Rising, took place at Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge. Devised by Michael Fortune and Aileen Lambert. Special Guests: 6th class pupils from Scoil Mhuire Senior School, Ballymany, Newbridge. 24 November. Launch by Liam Kenny of Nás Na Ríogh: Reflections and Recollections. Long ago and not so long ago by Larry Breen, in Council Chamber, Naas Town Hall 26 November. Kildare County Council won the Sustaining the Arts Award at the Chambers Ireland Excellence in Local Government Awards for the 1916 Sackville Street Art Project. 1 December. President Michael D. Higgins visited the Curragh to unveil seven commemorative stones to the signatories of the 1916 Proclamation. 4 December. Robertstown Vintage Village Fayre unveiled a 1916 Proclamation stone and memorial bench at Canalside, Robertstown. 5 December: Naas Local History Group launched two books in the Town House Hotel, Naas: A rebel’s desk. Séumas and Michael O’Kelly, Leinster Leader editors in a revolutionary time compiled and edited by James Durney with Liam Kenny, and Looking Back at revolutionary Kildare 1912-1916, a collection of articles from Liam Kenny’s weekly Leinster Leader column. 10 December. Official Closing Ceremony of Kildare’s 1916 Commemorations, Arás Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas. Presentations to nine Co. Kildare centenarians, followed by prize giving to eight winners of the 1916 Schools’ Poetry contest and 14 winners of the 1916 Lapel Pin design competition. Launch of Seven Signatories: Tracing the Family Histories of the Men Who Signed the Proclamation, by Paul Gorry. The Maynooth 1916 Centenary Committee and Maynooth Tidy Towns planted fifteen oak trees to honour the fifteen men from Maynooth Company, Irish Volunteers who took part in the Rising. 13 December. Curragh Life in 1916 by the Curragh Local History Group was launched by Monsignor John MacDonald in Ceannt NCO’s Mess, Curragh Camp. Brig. General Joe Mulligan, GOC DFTC appointed Reggie Darling as Historian in Residence of the Curragh Camp. 15 December. Run of the Mill Inclusive Theatre Company and Choices Day Programme, St. John of God’s Services Liffey region presented ‘The Plough and the Stars,’ at Celbridge Manor Hotel, Celbridge. 18 December. ‘From the plains – The story of John Devoy,’ a play and music by Fia Rua, held in Duck and Cup Café, Moat Theatre, Naas. 22 December. Unveiling of a statue in Newry dedicated to the late Patrick Rankin, formerly of Nicholastown, Kilcullen, organised by Newry, Mourne and Down District Council. His daughter, Patsy O’Halloran (90) of Kilcullen and her sister Kate Bishop (82) performed the unveiling ceremony on the Dublin Bridge, Newry. Plinth inscription was done by Kilcullen artisan, Joe O’Connor. 28 December. Narraghmore Vintage Club held a 1916 themed celebration with participation from the Narraghmore Development Association, Griese Youth Theatre Group, Kildoon High Nelly Bicycle Club, Narraghmore Pipe Band and Kildare Hunt. 29 December. William A. Byrne. Teacher, scholar, poet launched by Des Egan in Dillon’s, Rathangan. This book was a collaboration between the Bluebells and Buskers Committee and the Rathangan Historical Group. 31 December. Closing ceremony of the Maynooth 1916 Centenary Committee took place with the lowering of the ‘Maynooth 15’ flag at the Town Square. Unveiling of a monument at the Three Counties Pub, Maganey Cross to the Laois Volunteers who cut the wires on the railway line at Maganey on Easter Sunday night, 1916 on direct orders from P. H. Pearse. This monument was a joint collaboration between the County Laois 1916 Commemoration Committee and the County Kildare Decade of Commemorations Committee.