librarys Banner
Kildare Collections
and Research Services
Default text size Large text size Extra large text size High contrast text


Local Studies

Townlands of County Kildare

Introduction | Search Page | Browse | The Data Explained

Townland: Kildare Town

OS Map No: 22 Area (Acres/Roods/Perches): 90 (estimate 1881 and 1911 Census)
Barony: East Offaly Civil Parish: Kildare
Rural District: Naas No. 1 D.E.D. Kildare
Poor Law Union: Naas 1901 Census Index: 840934 69/24
1911 Census Index: 69/24/1-14 1911 Census Notes: 69/24/2 Bride Street - R.C. Chapel; National School; Town Hall; 69/24/6 Dublin Street - Court House; Church of Ireland; 69/24/9 Infirmary Road - Kildare N. S. (National School); Infirmary; 69/24/11 Military Barrack

Index to 1911 Census 69/24/2 written Bridge Street but should be Bride Street (including St. Brigid's Square); 69/24/6 Dublin Street - Church of Ireland - should be Church of Ireland School; 69/24/9 Infirmary Road is usually written Hospital Street - Infirmary - this is County Infirmary; 69/24/14 Strand should probably read Shraud; 1911 Census Notes - Kildare Town stands on the townland of the same name, in which its area and valuation are included. It has an estimated area of 90 acres. Returns include the inmates of military barracks.