Proposed Local Area Plan for Naas 2021 - 2027
Pursuant to Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) notice is hereby given that Kildare County Council, being the Planning Authority for the area, has prepared a Draft Local Area Plan (LAP) for Naas.
The Draft Naas Local Area Plan 2021-2027 comprises a written statement and maps and is accompanied by:
- A Sustainable Planning and Infrastructure Assessment (SPIA).
- A Social Infrastructure Audit (SIA).
- Statement of Character (SoC) for the Naas Architectural Conservation Area.
- An Environmental Report on the likely significant effects on the environment on implementing the LAP - pursuant to the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)) Regulations 2004-2011.
- An Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report - pursuant to the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC).
- A Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) Report - pursuant to Section 28 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
A copy of these documents may be inspected from Tuesday, 9 March 2021 to Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at the following locations:
- Planning Office, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare during opening times of 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Mondays). In accordance with public health advice, appointments must be booked in advance at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/ and face coverings must be worn in public buildings.
- At Kildare County Councils Consultation Portal https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/browse
Submissions/observations may be made in respect of the Draft Naas LAP and associated Reports before 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 21 April 2021. Submissions/observations made within this period will be taken into consideration by the Elected Members before the making of the Naas Local Area Plan. Please include your name and contact details on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/observation as submissions will be published on the council’s website. The Chief Executive’s Report on submissions and observations received will include the names of those who made submissions or observations. The Chief Executive’s Report will subsequently be published on the Kildare County Council website.
Submissions/Observations may be made as follows:
- Online at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/browse
- In writing to: C/O Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare. (Please mark envelope “Draft Naas Local Area Plan 2021–2027”).
Any submission or observation shall state your name address and where relevant, the body or organisation represented. Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions or observations on the Draft LAP.
Deadline for submissions: 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, 21 April 2021.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or online. E-mail or faxed submissions will not be accepted.