Planning and Development Act 2000 (As Amended)
Review of the Kildare County Development Plan 2017-2023 and Preparation of a new Kildare County Development Plan 2023-2029
Notice is hereby given in accordance with Section 11 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) that Kildare County Council intends to review the existing Kildare County Development Plan 2017-2023 and to prepare a new Kildare County Development Plan 2023-2029.
The Planning Authority will carry out a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) as part of the review process, and for this purpose, the Planning Authority will prepare an environmental report of the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the new plan, and the provisions of Articles 13C to 13J of the 2004 SEA Regulations (as amended) shall apply.
An Appropriate Assessment (AA) pursuant to Article 6 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC will also be carried out.
To inform the process, an Issues Paper has been prepared which gives a broad overview of some of the main development issues to be addressed in the new plan.
This Issues Paper is available to view at the following locations from Monday, 11 January 2021 to Monday, 8 March 2021 (inclusive):
- Online at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/
- Planning Office, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare during opening times of 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (closed Bank Holiday Mondays) unless otherwise affected by national public health advice whereby updates in relation to same shall be set out on the council’s website. Where access can be facilitated at Áras Chill Dara and in accordance with public health advice, appointments must be booked in advance at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/ and face coverings must be worn in public buildings. Where face coverings are not worn, service may not be possible.
At the time of writing, Kildare County Council Libraries are not open to the public due to Covid 19 public health restrictions. Should you require a copy of the Issues Paper to be posted to you, please call the Forward Planning team on 045 980845.
To facilitate a discussion about the high level strategic issues facing the future development of the County, two independently facilitated online public meetings will be held as follows:
- Wednesday, 3 February 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.,
- Thursday, 11 February 2021 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
As both meetings will follow the same format, and to accommodate all those who wish to attend, interested members of the public are asked to attend only one of these meetings. To register to attend a meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify your name (and group/organisation you represent, if applicable) and which meeting you wish to attend (Wednesday, 3 February or Thursday, 11 February). A link to the online meeting will be e-mailed to all registered attendees the day before the event. For this reason, registration for each meeting will close 24 hours before the event.
If you have any enquiries about the pre-Draft stage of the County Development Plan review, a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) is published on the Consult website for your information. For any additional enquiries, please call the Forward Planning Team on 045 980845. Given current restrictions relating to the Covid-19 pandemic, your enquiry will be answered by phone or online.
To encourage the participation of children and young people in this process, Kildare County Council is holding a Photographic Competition for Primary and Secondary School students. For details of the competition, including prizes, please see: https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/surveys
Kildare County Council hereby invites any interested person or parties to make submissions or observations with regard to the review of the existing Kildare County Development Plan 2017-2023 and the preparation of the new Kildare County Development Plan 2023-2029 including the SEA and AA processes.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Submissions/observations regarding objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of County Kildare may be made in writing to the Planning Authority from Monday, 11 January 2021 to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, 8 March 2021 inclusive only.
- Submissions/observations at this stage of the overall plan-making process should be strategic in nature and focus on ‘big picture’ issues.
- Submissions/observations should include your name and address and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged and are entitled to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing.
- Requests or proposals for the zoning of particular land for any purpose shall not be considered at this stage and any submissions received in this regard will be returned.
- The Planning Authority intends to review the zoning of the area of the development plan for the purposes of developing objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan and the core strategy. There will be an opportunity to make submissions on land zoning when the Draft County Development Plan is published (Q3/Q4 2021).
Details of your privacy entitlements and obligations under GDPR can be read here: http://www.kildare.ie/countycouncil/AllServices/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/
Submissions/Observations may be made as follows:
- Online at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en or
- In writing to: Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare (clearly marked “County Development Plan Review”).
Kildare County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Acts 1997 and 2014. If you consider that any information supplied by you is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for its sensitivity specified. In such cases, the relevant material will, in response to FOI requests, be examined in light of exemptions provided for in the FOI Act.
Kildare County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 to 2018. In order to assist us with complying with the Data Protection Act please include your name and contact details on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/observation as submissions will be published on the council’s website.
Please make your submission by one medium only. As an online facility has been provided for your convenience, e-mail and faxed submissions will not be accepted.
The final date for receipt of submissions is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, 8 March 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Director of Services
Planning and Strategic Development