Kildare County Council Presents ‘Women and Diversity in Local Government’ Panel Discussion
Inspiring conversations about balanced participation and representation in political life
Kildare County Council will present ‘Women and Diversity in Local Government’ – an online panel discussion of inspiring conversations with a panel of leaders from many aspects of local government and political life.
Hosted by Professor Mary Corcoran, Maynooth University, the discussions will explore many inspiring careers as well as the challenges and opportunities of starting or sustaining a career in local government. As Ireland works towards balanced participation and representation in political life, our panel will discuss access to opportunities for aspiring leaders, students or anybody unsure about how to approach a career in Local Government.
The panel discussion will be hosted online, via Vimeo webinar on Wednesday 13th October, from 11am – 12pm, and you can register now via the following link – https://bit.ly/2XPK4Zk
Host Professor Mary Corcoran will be in discussion with an expert panel comprising:
- Cllr Naoise Ó Cearúil, Cathaoirleach, Kildare County Council
- Cllr Angela Feeney, Member of the Clane-Maynooth Municipal District Committee
- Cllr Chris Pender, Deputy Mayor of the Kildare-Newbridge Municipal District Committee
- Caitriona Gleeson, CEO, Women for Election
- Sonya Kavanagh, Interim Chief Executive, Kildare County Council
- Celina Barrett, Chief Fire Officer, Kildare County Council
Audience members can submit questions for an individual panel member, or for collective discussion by the panel, in advance of the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note it may not be possible for all questions to be addressed during the course of the 1-hour panel event.