Proposed Traffic Calming Measures
Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994
In accordance with the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994, Kildare County Council hereby gives notice of its intention of:
Proposed Sallins Traffic Calming and Cycle Track Interim Scheme.
This proposed scheme is along the former R407 between the Motorway Bridge and Sallins Bypass Roundabout.
- Construction of a new footpath on the Clane Road, Sallins (north of Castlefen, along the west side).
- Widening of a section of the existing footpath on the east side north of Castlefen.
- The provision of a pedestrian crossing point and pedestrian refuge island south of Castlefen.
- Construction of new junction tables at the following locations:
- Sallins Park
- Canal Road
- Osberstown Drive.
- The construction of speed control platforms at:
- Sallins Road at Osberstown View
- Osberstown Road at its junction with Sallins Road.
- Widening the footpath on the east side of Main Street south of the canal.
- Installation of Segregated Cycle Tracks in Sallins at the following locations (by means of road markings and flexible bollards):
- Clane Road between the Grand Canal and Sallins Park, on both sides of the road
- Sallins Road between Osberstown Road/M7 Bridge and Osberstown View, on both sides of the road.
- Installation of shared footway and cycle track on the west side of Sallins Road between the M7 Bridge and Osberstown Road and between Canal Road and Millbank Link Road.
- The installation of a signal-controlled crossing on the Clane Road between the bypass roundabout and the ESB sub-station.
- The inclusion of additional pedestrian crossings at the existing traffic signals at Waterways and Millbank.
Drawings showing the proposed works may be inspected, by appointment only, during normal opening hours from Tuesday, 14 September 2021 to Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at the following locations:
Kildare County Council, Roads, Transportation and Public Safety Department, Level 4, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare,
and will also be available to view on Kildare County Council’s website https://kildare.ie/countycouncil/AllServices/Roads/Section38TrafficCalmingMeasures/
Representations relating to the above mentioned proposed works may be made in writing to the: A/Senior Executive Officer, Roads, Transportation and Public Safety Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including your Eircode.
The latest date for receipt of such representations is 12 noon on Thursday, 28 October 2021.