Ballymore Eustace High Cross

In the graveyard at Ballymore-Eustace are two high crosses, one of which is damaged.

The cross that is intact is not perforated and is embossed in deep relief. There is an inscription on the cross, which is dated 1689 and reads that the cross was erected by A.M. Wall. However this is believed to be a much later addition than the actual cross.

Back To Historic Sites Back To The Heritage Homepage