Castlemartin, Kilcullen

First mentioned in the year 1394 in the possession of Malmore Ocoigne de Castlemartin.  It was developed as an Anglo Norman strong point covering the Liffey crossings around Kilcullen, by the Eustace family until the 1640’s when the castle was dismantled.  The present house was built early in the 18th century using materials form the old castle.

Back To Historic Sites Back To The Heritage Homepage