Ballymore Eustace is situated on the river
Liffey, near the Wicklow border. Close to the site of an
old Protestant church is the present day St. Johns
Church of Ireland which was built in 1820. It houses a
FitzEustace effigy dated to the early sixteenth century
and an ancient font.
There is an inscription on the cross, which is dated 1689 and reads that the cross was erected by A.M. Wall. However this is believed to be a much later addition than the actual cross.