South Kildare Mediaeval Festival
Schedule of events.
Sun 20 Apr 2008
- Venue Details
12.30pm Festival Opens
- 12.30pm Harpist and Music Historian Paul Dooley
talks about the harp in medieval Ireland.
- 1.00pm Archaeologist Ben Murtagh leads a tour
to explore the newly exposed interior of Whites Castle.
- 1.45pm Liam Hackett of Headland Archaeology
talks about the prehistoric grave yard found in Moone and the Medieval enclosure ditch which surrounded and protected it some 1500 years on.
- 2.15pm Archaeologist Marc Guernon tells the story so far uncovered of Ardreigh.
- 3.00pm Paul Dooley plays and talks about the Harp in medieval Ireland Heritage Centre
- 1.00pm Arena Show by the Barrow begins with
Medieval Archery Talk
- 1.30pm Weapons display
- 2.00pm Swords Display
- 3.00pm Flying Birds of Prey display.
- 3.30pm Dressing The Knight
- 4.00pm Knights Battle
All day Activities and Exhibitions
- Archaeology Exhibition. Heritage Centre
- Medieval activities including coin striking
and calligraphy. Heritage Centre
- Birds of Prey Stand. Back Square
- Have a Go Archery Castle Grounds
- Kids workshop. Library
Back to Archive