Mercy Sisters

About our School
Pupils' Pages
School Policies
Green Schools

The Mercy Sisters came to Monasterevin on September 29th, 1898. There were four nuns who came here from Carlow. The parish priest at that time gave them his house adjoining the church. The nuns set up a school for girls which had two rooms known as "The Roost". The Roost was in a corner building facing the canal. It is now a little church.

 The next school was built in 1905 beside the church. Today, this building is used as the Parish Centre. More recently, work began on Scoil Eimhín Naofa in 1978 and the school opened on 1st. September 1979. It is a single storey building with twelve classrooms. There are now plans in the Department of Education to build a brand new school for girls and boys in Monasterevin.

This picture shows the Mercy Convent on Drogheda Street in Monasterevin.