Job description Participation officer
View the job announcement
Kildare Volunteer Bureau is charged with the development, promotion and support of volunteer participation within County Kildare.
KVB now wish to recruit a participation officer, part time, to provide the full range of KVB placement services in the Maynooth office.
Role of Worker
- The participation officer will support the Manager in setting up the Outreach Centre
- The participation officer will work with the Campus community, local voluntary organisations and the corporate sector in identifying and accessing volunteering opportunities.
- The Participation Officer will support the Manager in the development of the Maynooth service.
- The participation officer will promote volunteerism for students and organisations
- Support students and organisations wishing to avail of the organisations service
- The role will also involve working with KVB management and the Academic Departments on campus to develop suitable volunteering modules for inclusion in existing courses.
Key areas of responsibility
- To liase with students on campus on all aspects of volunteering
- To provide advice to organisations wishing to recruit volunteers on campus
- To assist organisations wishing to recruit volunteers
- To provide training to organisations on best practice in selecting, supporting and training volunteers
- To maintain a database of campus volunteers
- To assist with advertising volunteering opportunities
- To promote the benefit of volunteering to all
- To liase with registered campus volunteers on available opportunities
- To identify, promote and implement a range of corporate challenges
- To liase with existing student societies already involved in volunteer activities
- To maintain and provide statistics to assist the organisation with the implementation of its workplan
- To assist with the administration of the organisation
- To promote volunteering
- Such other duties, which do not change the nature of the post, as may be determined by the Board in response to contractual developments and needs.
Participation Officer Maynooth Outreach Centre
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- A good standard of education
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- An ability to work on own initiative
- Volunteering experience
- An Ability to communicate and work effectively within a college environment.
- Ability to engage the corporate sector on the benefits of volunteering
- Facilitation and Training skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Clean Driving Licence and own transport
- A commitment to the principles of volunteering
- An engaging and open personality
- A willingness to interact with all sectors of the community e.g. People with disabilities, Traveller community, Non –Irish national, academics etc.,
- An ability to be a pro-active team member
- Be self motivated, flexible and able to work on own initiative
To be willing to work occasionally outside of normal office hours.